Smarttanks offers the latest in Rainwater Harvesting Technology. The revolutionary RainSafe™ system provides all your water requirements from harvested water. This represents an increase of 50% over traditional harvested water use and reduces the demand for municipal water as well as saves you money.
- Works in conjunction with most rainwater harvesting systems
- Can be installed in new homes or retro-fitted into existing systems
- No harmful chemicals added to water
- Benefit from soft water throughout your home
- Independently certified by K.I.W.A
Rain water is soft water so there is no need to treat your water to remove the impurities often found in municipal or well water. This means that you will use less soap in all your washing and you will have no calcium build-up in your kettle or washing machine.
Water used in the home comes from two traditional sources; municipal water and bottled water. There is a significant environmental impact of moving vast quantities of water from municipal reservoirs to homes. This impact assessment must consider the storage, distribution, cleansing, energy consumption and water loss through leakage.
One of the greatest environmental issues facing people worldwide is water security. Water is the source of life, fresh water accounts for 2.5% of all water, 2/3rds of which is permanently frozen.
Pure water is a scarce natural resource that falls on your roof as rainwater; harvesting rainwater has been carried out for millennia but storing rainwater causes stagnation. RafeSafe™ produces safe, clean, clear, pressurised, fresh, potable, drinking water by treating the harvested rainwater with filtration, UV light and Ozone.
The Smarttanks RainSafe™ Promise
- Easy instalation – 230 litres of treated fresh water is stored in the RainSafe™
- Ready for use – 95% of the day the RainSafe™ is dormant – not using electricity to power the UV light
- Costs little to run – Fresh water is pumped from the RainSafe™ tank through a carbon filter to the point of use
- Safe, clean, clear, pressurized, fresh, potable, drinking water
In all cases the only internal plumbing requirement is the installation for the RainSafe™
Retrofit without existing rain harvesting system
Previously retrofitting a rain harvesting system in a house not only required modifications to collect the rainwater, but it also required internal modifications to the plumbing of the toilets and washing machine to accept rainwater. In addition the benefit of harvesting the rain was limited to 50% of your water requirements. Now with RainSafe™ the reasons for rain harvesting is compelling.
Once the external modifications to collect the rainwater have been completed the RainSafe™ is simply plumbed between your harvested water and the point at which your rising mains used to enter the house. Immediately you will benefit from rainwater delivering 100% of your water requirements. No additional internal plumbing is required!
Retrofit with existing rain harvesting system
The RainSafe™ is simply plumbed between your harvested water and the point at which your rising mains enters the house. Immediately you will benefit from rainwater delivering 100% of your water requirements. No additional internal plumbing is required!
Rainwater is a viable cost effective environmentally friendly alternative to well or mains water supply. Rainwater is harvested in the normal way and the RainSafe™ is simple plumbed between your harvested water and the point at which your rising mains would have entered the house. RainSafe™ immediately delivers 100% of all water requirements. No additional or unusual internal plumbing is required!
The only caveat is the quantity of rainwater that you are able to harvest and store; there may be a requirement for a back-up mains water supply to maintain a minimum water level in the rain harvesting tank.
The RainSafe is about the size of a tall domestic fridge and will fit neatly in a kitchen / utility.
- 600mm wide
- 600mm deep
- 1500mm high
- 1” BSP pipe inlet and outlet
Safety of the RainSafe™
The RainSafe™ is made up of seven key components:
- Fresh water tank
- The RainSafe™ generator
- Water pump
- 5µm filter: Cleans the water prior to UV and Ozone santization and freshening
- 5µm carbon filter: final cleansing to ensure all Ozone is returned to Oxygen.
- Electronic controllers to manage the system automatically (including safety features)
- Pipes and fittings
Each component is made ensuring quality and appropriate independent licencing. Routine maintenance is straight forward and can be carried out by the home-owner. A technician should carry out a full services only every 2 years.
Consumable items are readily available:
- 10µm Active Carbon Filter 10” or 250mm
- 5µm Mineralising Filter 10” or 250mm
- RainSafe UV lamp
- Normal 240 / 120 Volt electricity supply